Citrus County Orders Mandatory Evacuations
A mandatory evacuation order has been issued for identified affected areas within Citrus County, effective at 6:00pm on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, until further notice.
The order has been updated to apply to Evacuation Zone A, which includes includes all low-lying areas west of U.S. Highway 19 and some areas additional areas east of U.S. Highway 19. All other areas are advised to voluntary evacuate, especially those citizens living in mobile homes, manufactured homes, and recreational vehicles throughout the county.
Citrus County Shelters to Open 6pm Tuesday
The following shelter locations will open at 6:00pm on Tuesday, September 27, 2022:
- Forest Ridge Elementary School (Special Needs), 2927 North Forest Ridge Blvd., Hernando
- Lecanto Primary (Pet Friendly), 3790 W Educational Path, Lecanto
- Central Ridge Elementary School (General Population), 185 West Citrus Springs Blvd., Citrus Springs
- Citrus High School (General Population), 600 West Highland Blvd., Inverness
Public shelters should be an option of last resort. Citizens should make all preparations to shelter with family or friends and exhaust all other options before utilizing a public shelter.
Sexual offenders must report to the Citrus County Detention Facility to seek shelter if needed. The facility is located at 2604 W Woodland Ridge Dr., Lecanto, FL 34461.
Additional Citrus County Public information regarding Hurricane Ian
All affected are encouraged to follow their emergency plans and only utilize shelters as a last resort.
- All County offices will be closed on Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29.
- Citrus County Transit Services will be suspended at 12:00pm (noon) on Tuesday, September 27.
- All Citrus County Parks and Recreation programs are canceled through Thursday.
- All Citrus County Library System programs are cancelled through Saturday.
For more information and updates, call the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Citizen Information Line at (352) 249-2775 or visit their Emergency Management webpage at: www.sheriffcitrus.org/divisions/bureau_of_support_operations/emergency_operations.php.
For the most current updates, please visit the Citrus County government Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CitrusCountyBOCC.