Eleven Students Given Citizen Honors
The East Pasco Chamber Foundation in partnership with the Greater Zephyrhills
Chamber of Commerce recognized eleven students from local Zephyrhills schools.
Eleven Students Given Citizen Honors by East Pasco Chamber Foundation
The students were honored as the Greater Zephyrhills Student Citizen of the Month for Month. The ceremony took place at Chick-fil-A in Zephyrhills on September 20 th at 8:00 am.
Students are chosen by the teachers and administration of their individual schools for exemplary effort,
achievement and contribution to their school, family, and community.
The students receiving honors were:
- Allaster Spivey (9 th grade, Academy of Spectrum Diversity)
- Austin Dick (4 th grade, Children’s Educational Services Elementary Campus )
- Mikayla Washington (6 th grade, Children’s Educational Services Secondary Campus)
- Jackie Herrera (5 th grade, Chester W. Taylor Elementary School)
- Layla Decara (7 th grade, East Pasco Adventist Academy)
- Karissa Barrington (6 th grade, Heritage Academy)
- De’Najah Jackson (6 th grade, Raymond B. Stewart Middle School)
- Josiah Gomez (Pre-K, West Zephyrhills Elementary School)
- Audney LaPoint (5 th grade, Woodland Elementary)
- Cameron Sanford (7 th grade, Zephyrhills Christian Academy)
- Yaxiel Nieves (12 th grade, Zephyrhills High School)
Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Academy of Spectrum Diversity, Chris Dester, had this to say on behalf of the one the parents of this month’s student Citizen Allaster: “When Allaster came to the Academy 4 years ago he was struggling in so many areas, he couldn’t read, write, or understand math. This was so upsetting for him, not understanding what he needed to do each day as well as a heartbreak for his family not being able to help the way he needed. Fast forwarded to today, not only is he reading, writing, and solving math problems he is getting an award for being such an AMAZING student.”
Sponsors and supporters of this year’s program are as follows:
- AdventHealth Zephyrhills, the City of Zephyrhills
- Chick-fil-A of Zephyrhills
- IR Staffing
- San Antonio Citizens Federal Credit Union
- Spotlight sponsor of month Suncoast Credit Union
- The event is supported by U.S. Congresswoman, Laurel Lee
- Senator Danny Burgess, District 23
- Florida House of Representatives Randy Maggard, District 38
- Pasco County Clerk of Court, Nikki Alvarez
- Zephyrhills Mayor, Melonie Monson
- Pasco County Sheriff, Chris Nocco
- Bahr’s Propane Gas & AC
- BGE, Inc
- East Pasco YMCA
- Faithful Friends Pet Cremation
- Jarrett Ford of Dade City
- Kona Ice
- Pasco-Hernando State College
- Pin Chasers Zephyrhills
- Pioneer Florida Museum & Village
- Sonny’s Bar-B-Q
- SouthState Bank
- The Zephyrhills/Wesley Chapel
- Ministerial Association
- Trax Credit Union
- VITIS Realty.
If you are an area business and would like to support this impactful program, please contact Vicki Wiggins at the Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce at 813-782-1913.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce advances economic growth and prosperity for the
community. The Chamber of Commerce is incorporated in the State of Florida as a 501(c)6 nonprofit
organization. Membership is comprised of businesses, government agencies, public-private corporations,
nonprofit organizations, and individuals with a shared interest in preserving and enhancing the quality of
life in Zephyrhills. The Chamber seeks to promote a vibrant and active business climate supporting
economic growth through leadership and active involvement by the membership.
The East Pasco Chamber Foundation is incorporated in the State of Florida as a 501(c)3 nonprofit
organization. The East Pasco Chamber Foundation is dedicated to advancing the quality of life in East
Pasco through education, leadership, economic development, and community enhancement.