FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Updated Hours
Effective immediately, the Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will no longer open on Sundays.
FEMA Disaster Recovery Center in Hernando County Announces Updated Hours and Days of Operation
Beginning Monday, October 9, 2023, the hours of operation for the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in Hernando County located at the Spring Hill Library (9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, FL 34608) will be operating Monday through Saturday from 9am – 6pm. The DRC is open for those affected by Hurricane Idalia.
The purpose of a DRC is to:
- Apply for assistance
- Learn the status of your FEMA application
- Understand any letters you get from FEMA
- Find housing and rental assistance information
- Get answers to questions or resolve problems
- Get referrals to agencies that may offer other assistance
- Learn about Small Business Administration (SBA) loan programs
- Provide additional documentation that FEMA may require
Hernando County Emergency Management encourages those who are affected by Hurricane Idalia at least make application for the Individual Assistance (IA) and Small Business Administration programs.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) can offer low interest, long term loans for people, nonprofits, and businesses. Even though the name SBA implies businesses, individual household member may still apply. The deadline for individuals is October 30, 2023, and for businesses, May of 2024. They offer loans for the uninsured or the underinsured. Apply now as to not miss any benefit you could be eligible for.