Learn about a Death Doula at Heartwood Preserve Nov. 14
Doulagivers is a new specialized area of non-medical health care that is being embraced worldwide. Death Doulas are also known around the world as end-of-life coaches, soul midwives, transition guides, death coaches, doula to the dying, end of life doulas, death midwives, and end of life guides.
Cathy Burdette is your Tampa Bay end of life Doula and Heartwood family. She will be speaking on November 14 at Heartwood Preserve about this phenomenon.
What Do Death Doulas Do?
Death Doulas are people who support people in the end-of-life process, much like a midwife or doula with the birthing process.
This is “a new non-medical profession” that recognizes death as a sacred, natural, accepted, and honored part of life. One might say that death midwifery is to hospice palliative care as birth midwifery is to obstetrics.
Death Doulas can do these services and so much more:
- Help create positive, empowering end of life plans
- Provide spiritual care, psychological and social support
- Suggest ideas for optimal physical comfort and safety
- Help plan home vigils, life reviews, obituaries, celebrations of life and more.
- Educate patients and families on the new and progressive options of home wakes and natural green burials.
Come for this indoor presentation and to receive a Peace of Mind Planner. Meet Cathy & ask questions.
Saturday, November 14, 2020, from 1:00 PM – 3 PM at Heartwood’s Welcome Center, located at 4100 Starkey Blvd. in Trinity, Florida. Bring masks please. 15 RSVP’s only
HOW TO CONTACT THE HOST OF THIS EVENT: Cathy Burdette CBP, CAT, RM, CEOLD, (954) 934 – 6929 call / text or EMAIL: TampaBayEndofLifeDoula@gmail.com