October 2023 Land Development Updates
Look What’s Coming!
October 2023 Land Development Updates
The following development permits/applications have recently been filed with the Citrus County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) Department of Growth Management:
- Corta Commons has requested a shell permit for a 4,334 sq. ft. multi-unit retail building to the east
of Wal-Mart on the southwest corner of CR-486 and CR-491 in Lecanto. The architectural plans
indicate an unnamed fast-food restaurant with drive-thru, a Hair Cuttery, and an unnamed restaurant.
- Corta Commons has requested a shell permit for a 6,533 sq. ft. retail building to the east of Wal-Mart
on the southwest corner of CR-486 and CR-491 in Lecanto. The architectural plans indicate a Skechers
- Venture Construction Company has requested an interior buildout for a Starbucks on CR-486 in
Lecanto. A site plan permit was previously issued, and these plans indicate a 2,555 sq. ft. building
with a drive-thru and covered outdoor seating area.
- Faith Fellowship Church has requested a building permit for a new building with a front porch and
pavilion approximately 4,222 sq. ft. in size at 9610 N Athenia Dr in Citrus Springs.
- US 19 and 98 Acquisitions LLC has requested a site development permit for an RV storage facility
at 9544 S Suncoast Blvd (US-19) in Homosassa. The site previously received approval via Conditional
Use application in 2022.
- Citrus Storage has requested a building permit for a 60’ x 155’ storage building at their site at 1919
S Suncoast Blvd (US-19) in Homosassa. The site previously received approval via a Planned Unit
Development (PUD) in 2020.
- Corta Commons has requested an interior buildout for a 16,278 sq. ft. PetSmart building at 1814 N
Lecanto Hwy (CR-491) in Lecanto.
- Providence Baptist Church of Lecanto, Inc. has requested a building permit for a front foyer
addition at 4471 W Sanction Rd in Lecanto.
- Bohler Engineering, on behalf of 2022 Lecanto Lecanto, LLC, has requested to amend an existing
PUD at 3499 W Norvell Bryant Hwy (CR-486) in Lecanto. The amendment would allow a multi-story
mini warehouse use on the site and combine two previously proposed outparcels. The application was
recommended for approval with conditions by the Planning and Development Commission (PDC) on
April 20, 2023, and continued by the BOCC on June 6, 2023. There have been no further submittals.
- Brenda McKenzie, on behalf of David and Pamela Finley, has requested a Comprehensive Plan
Amendment and Atlas Amendment (CPA/AA) at 2142 and 2156 S Waterman Dr in Pine Ridge. The
application proposes to change the Land Development Code (LDC) Atlas designation from Coastal
and Lakes Residential with mobile homes (CLRMH) to Coastal and Lakes Commercial (CLC), on
approximately 0.32 acres. The site has active code compliance complaints for various commercial uses
on the site. The application was recommended for denial by the PDC on June 15, 2023. Staff are
awaiting direction from the applicant for revision or placement on the agenda of the BOCC for a future
- Citrus County Land Development Division has requested an Ordinance Amendment (OA) for
multiple changes in the LDC. Changes proposed include modifications to land use districts that may
allow houses of worship, consideration of temporary use requirements, and a PUD requirement for
gas stations and other uses in the Coastal High Hazard Area (CHHA). The application will be
discussed by the PDC on October 5, 2023, before being forwarded to the BOCC for consideration on
November 28, 2023.
- Frank Dalicandro has requested a Development Agreement (DA) Amendment which would amend
the existing DA for Crystal Pointe Units 2 and 3 (approximately 75 acres). The application proposes
to reduce the minimum lot size and instead cluster units with increased open space, as well as reducing
roadway widths with no increase in the overall number of units allowed. The BOCC approved
acceptance of an application request on May 25, 2023. The applicant recently submitted a draft
Agreement which has been reviewed by staff. The application has been tentatively placed on the PDC
agenda on December 7, 2023, before proceeding for final review by the BOCC.
- Ardurra Group, on behalf of Crystal Ridge Property Group, LLC, has requested a Preliminary
Plat (PLT) application for Crystal Ridge Phase 1. The site proposes approximately 236 single-family
residential lots on 52.4 acres and is the first phase of the previously approved Crystal Ridge PUD lying
adjacent to W Crystal Oaks Dr and S Rock Crusher Rd in Lecanto. The preliminary plat was recently
submitted for revision review and additional clarification has been requested by staff.
- Germana Engineering and Associates, LLC, on behalf of Burgland Investments, LLC, has
requested a PLT application for Southern Woods Phase V. The site is not part of the existing Southern
Woods PUD and proposes approximately 160 single-family residential lots on 40.6 acres in the
Medium Density Residential with homes allowed (MDRMH). The site lies on the north side of
Woodfield Circle in Southern Woods. A preliminary plat has been approved with conditions by staff
and improvement plans for infrastructure development are currently under review.
- Pigeon and Associates, on behalf of Gulf to Lake Associates LLLP, has requested an AA that would
amend the Pine Ridge Unit 2 Master Plan on approximately 147.6 acres. Amber Ridge West proposes
approximately 382 single-family residential sites in an area currently designated for one-acre homesites at 4439 W Norvell Bryant Hwy (CR-486) in Lecanto. The application was continued by the applicant prior to discussion by the PDC and public hearings are not scheduled at this time.
- Pamela Jo Hatley, on behalf of Lonestar Properties NC Inc., has requested a CPA/AA/PUD to
allow mini warehouses in the Rural Activity Center district. The site contains 5.93 acres and is located
at 7338 N Lecanto Hwy (CR-491) in Hernando. The application was continued by the PDC at the
applicant’s request on July 6, 2023, and has not yet been resubmitted.
- Clark Stillwell, on behalf of multiple owners, has requested a CPA/AA/PUD. Tuscany Ranch
proposes up to 275,000 sq. ft. of business/commercial/office use, 1,000 multi-family units, and 6,369
single-family residential units on approximately 1,642 acres in Beverly Hills. The site lies on the east
side of CR-491 north of N Forest Ridge Blvd and extends to the east and north. The application had
been tentatively placed on the September 21, 2023, agenda of the PDC before proceeding to the BOCC at a future date. However, the applicant has now requested a continuance to the November 16, 2023, agenda of the PDC to allow time to revise the application after meeting with staff.
- Walden Woods South has requested to amend an existing PUD to allow an additional 14 single-
family lots and an accessory storage structure in the existing development lying off W Merrivale Ln in Homosassa. The application was recommended for approval with conditions at the September 7, 2023, agenda of the PDC and is scheduled for hearing with the BOCC on November 14, 2023.
- Cardinal Farms Group LLC has requested a DA for a mixed-use site on W Cardinal St in Homosassa
containing approximately 147.5 acres (5258 and 5585 W Cardinal St in Homosassa). The application
- proposes up to 122,000 sq. ft. of general commercial use, up to 150 hotel rooms, up to 434 multi-family apartments and up to 434 single-family detached/townhomes/villas. The applicant has met with staff in multiple divisions regarding this proposal, which will be scheduled for public hearings once the applicant has submitted a proposed Agreement.
- Paul Furman, on behalf of Dvelup International Inc., has requested to amend an existing PUD at
5656 W Gulf to Lake Hwy (SR-44) in Crystal River. The site was previously approved for mini
warehouses, and the applicant would like to amend that to outdoor storage. The application was
recommended for denial on the September 7, 2023, agenda of the PDC, and is scheduled for discussion
by the BOCC on November 14, 2023.
- Attorney Rob Batsel, on behalf of West Nature Coast Investments, Inc., has requested an
amendment to an existing PUD at 2403 W Coast Path in Beverly Hills. The site was approved in 1998
for an adult living care facility with specific conditions, and the applicant would like to amend that to
allow a medical clinic. The application was recommended for approval with conditions on the
September 21, 2023, agenda of the PDC, and is scheduled for discussion by the BOCC on November
- Hope Baptist Church has requested a Conditional Use (CU) to allow a house of worship in the LDR
District at 4325 S Little Al Pt in Inverness. The site has been placed on the October 19, 2023, agenda
of the PDC.
- Michael Wilburn, on behalf of Solid Rock Church of God, has requested a CU to allow a house of
worship and accessory uses in the LDR district at 972 N Christy Way in Inverness. The site has been
placed on the October 19, 2023, agenda of the PDC.
- Clark Stillwell, on behalf of Lecanto Preserve, has requested an amendment and expansion to an
existing PUD to allow for medical office and multi-family uses of more than 4 dwelling units/acre in
the MDR district. The site lies at 1440 S Lecanto Hwy (CR-491) in Lecanto and the existing PUD was
approved in 2022. The application was recommended for approval with conditions by the PDC on
September 7, 2023, and will be discussed by the BOCC on November 14, 2023.
- Terry LaGree has requested a CPA/AA/PUD for a site at 2095 N Miller Run Terrace in Crystal River.
The site contains approximately 3.3 acres, and the request would change the site from Professional
Services/Office (PSO) to High Density Residential (HDR), to allow approximately 56 multi-family
units (the site was approved for 32 units in 2021). The application has been tentatively placed on the
December 7, 2023, agenda of the PDC before proceeding to the BOCC at a later date.
- Jaime R. Maier, on behalf of Born Lonesome, LLC, has requested a CU for boat and RV storage in
the General Commercial (GNC) district. The site lies at 8780 W Kingston Dr in Homosassa and
contains approximately 1.21 acres. The application has been tentatively placed on the December 7,
2023, agenda of the PDC.